Piano Lessons – Pequannock, NJ
Prin offers private piano lessons in Pequannock, NJ to students, ages 2 through adult. Prin also offers small group programs for early learners and beginner piano students who are not quite ready for a one-on-one private lesson. **2020 Covid Update** – Lessons will be virtual until further notice.
“It is never too early to start learning the piano. It is also never too late.”
Piano lessons include:
- Music theory
- Personalized song and exercise selection
Piano Lesson Style:
Classical music, Pop, Ear training, and Improv
Do I need a piano to start lessons?
No, but you do need a keyboard.
Piano Teacher Practice Expectations:
I expect my students to practice daily. Even 5 minutes is better than no minutes.
Piano Lesson Schedule – Weekly Lessons:
I encourage students to see me once a week.
Piano Lessons – Costs/Fees: 2020
Piano lessons are $30 for 30 minutes in my home (Pequannock, NJ / Pompton Plains, NJ). That schedule is very limited. The same rate applies to virtual lessons.
Online lessons are offered as an online program with live (scheduled) Zoom or Facetime lessons, supplemented by personalized YouTube links to supplement skills. A virtual Zoom “group” class will be organized to allow students to play for one another to listen and clap for peers.
In-person piano lessons have been suspended due to Covid-19 and to align with NJ state school regulations. Online learning will be available for the 2020-2021 school year for piano lessons.
Group lessons are postponed until further notice.
In-person lessons will resume in October 2020 at Prin’s home only, following social distancing and limited exposure to the student and teacher:
-masks will be worn by teacher and student
-student will attend lesson at teacher’s studio space in Pequannock, NJ
-student will attend piano lesson without parent present
-student will enter teacher’s lesson space through side door of property
-teacher will disinfect area, keyboard, and stagger lessons in between students
2020 has been a long year!
It’s been a challenge to provide piano lessons for my entire student and program roster. However, I am hoping to make adjustments for the new year to provide a virtual program that can sustain itself with live instruction AND self-paced instruction through videos and uploads.
Given the uncertainty caused by Covid-19, I have tried to provide as many flexible options for my various families. I’ll do my best to accommodate any special issues or scheduling conflicts, including scheduling an in-person lesson, if needed.
I bill in advance to reserve lesson days and times for private lessons.
Instead of billing 10 lesson bundles, I have adjusted to a FOUR lesson bundle. I accept Venmo, Paypal, Cashapp, and / or cash and checks.
The first lesson for new students is a single no-obligation paid trial.
Lessons are also available via Skype or Facetime for those outside of the area or with challenging schedules!
Group Piano Lesson – Costs/Fees:
Group piano is held in Pequannock, NJ. At this time, due to Covid-19, all group piano and music programs have been suspended until further notice.
Rainbow Piano – Costs / Fees:
This is a private and group piano class that enables very young learners and those with special needs to adapt quickly to the piano concepts. I have had great success introducing a diverse group of students to piano with this method. Unfortunately, due to Covid-19, I am unavailable to bring rainbow piano to school settings or daycare settings, and I am unable to bring rainbow piano to your home. This program is suspended until further notice.
I enjoy using this method and have had success for almost 20 years helping students with various developmental disabilities enjoy learning piano and music this way. Please, don’t hesitate to contact me to discuss your student’s needs, and I will try to accommodate your situation during the current Covid-19 pandemic.
The Piano Teacher – to – Piano Student Relationship:
1. My students are encouraged to perform and create their own music, too.
2. Practicing in between lessons is key.
3. For young students, it’s crucial that parents make the time for their child to practice. I can’t control a student’s practicing outside of my lesson with them.
4. Piano lessons are often a music lesson for the parent, too. Unlike group lessons, parents are welcome to stay during private one-on-one lessons. In fact, some of my best and most successful (long-term) students have parents who sit in during the lesson to listen and understand what is expected for each week. This is ideal during virtual lessons.
5. My relationship with a student is to help them grow in music. A student’s relationship with music is up to them. Not everyone is a natural musician, but everyone can learn to appreciate music. My goal is to help a student with the learning process, and I’m not overly pushy with performance pressure. I do, however, offer performing opportunities with recitals and other local events, and I also allow for studio recording or digital recording for students who show interest. It would be nice to participate in a recital once a year before the summer. While I am very flexible with scheduling conflicts and other family and student demands, I do expect students to practice in between lessons, and I will address this consistently, if a student is not practicing too many lessons in a row. The main reason is not for me, but that not practicing makes a student feel unprepared and lack confidence during their lesson with me, which in turn, makes a child avoid piano and me!
PIANO LESSONS – NJ and NY LOCATIONS:
Piano lessons in Pequannock, NJ
I am within traveling distance for students in:
Piano lessons Pompton Plains, NJ
Piano lessons Pompton Lakes, NJ
Piano lessons Boonton, NJ
Piano lessons Kinnelon, NJ
Piano lessons Wayne, NJ
Piano lessons Lincoln Park, NJ
Piano lessons Riverdale, NJ
Piano teacher Near Route 23
Piano studio Near Route 46
Piano and keyboard lessons Near Route 80
Keyboard lessons Morris County
Online piano lessons NJ
Online piano lessons Pequannock, NJ
Online piano lessons near Route 23
Zoom piano lessons Pequannock, NJ
Facetime piano lessons Pequannock, NJ
CLICK HERE FOR THE JANUARY 2021 Online Piano Lesson Program! https://musicbyprin.com/online-piano-lessons/